Croissant French Toast
* 4 croissants - cut in half lengthwise
* 2/3 cup low fat milk
* 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* 2 Tablespoons butter
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 bottle Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante, well chilled
* Your favorite dark chocolate
Crack open bottle of Asti, pour yourself a glass
Melt butter in on a skillet or in a large frying pan at medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except croissants. Beat until well combined.
Pour yourself another glass of Asti, if necessary; mixing is hard work
Drag croissants through the mixture and flip until completely coated. Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Serve with butter, maple syrup, and the rest of the Asti.
Grated dark chocolate over the top (of the French toast, I mean) is awesome; you can also stuff them with a TB of Nestle's Semi Sweet morsels before dredging.