Saturday, July 17, 2010

Christmas In July

As much as I have always loved Christmas, I had never been one to celebrate or even think about Christmas in July.

I despise the heat, so my Grouch-O-Meter starts runnin' pretty damn high come summer; getting all worked up about anything other than ice-cold watermelon is difficult for me this time of year, so the idea of doing something as elaborate as cooking a full Christmas dinner and/or hosting a big Christmas in July extravaganza is just beyond my comprehension. I don't even like to listen to Christmas music before November.



That being said, 
last year, the whole Christmas-in-July thing sort of snuck up and bit me on my Holly Jolly ass.


And having thought about it for awhile, I feel very comfortable in putting the blame squarely on the explosion of the Blogosphere in general, and my Terri Triplet in particular.

I found her Christmas blog
  last year, and through that, found the Christmas-in-July blog parties that everyone was having, and I just really, really enjoyed it. It fell on a Saturday last year, which helped.......and my DH was gone, which also helped, because I had QVC on all weekend, which really added to the atmosphere, and I mean I just really, really got a kick out of it all. I got to sit on my ass all day long, having a blast without actually having to do anything at all, other than sit on my ass.

And drink cold beverages.

And buy stuff.


It doesn't get any better than that, for me, and in fact sums up what I love about the Internet in general. But I digress.



Anyway, it kind of turned me in to a Christmas-in-July fangirl and I got all torqued up and excited about it, started this Christmas blog, and swore a vow to Heaven that I'd be all into it this year.





And then I sort of forgot all about it, which seems to pretty much sum up life in my 40s, but again I digress. Heck, I can't even remember what actually even reminded me about Christmas in July (known hereafter as CIJ) this year, and it's only been a few days since I remembered...I'll go ahead and blame it on Terri again, though, because I see she has a CIJ post up on her blog. 





I am also off on a medical leave, with plenty of time to kill, so it's a Perfect Storm, really, and I am gonna roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!