Friday, November 27, 2009

Favorite Christmas magazine EVER!

Well, favorite article, anyway....I keep the magazine in a special place, so I can get right to it when I need a fix!


It's Victoria, Dec 1995....and I am every bit as enchanted with it today as I was 14 years ago!

Where to begin??? I have always loved black in decorating, and I think it's a large part of what is appealing to me about her decorations....but I also love the contrast of rustic and elegant....and all the little touches she uses (which I would never have the patience to do, but it's lovely to see!) and I adore the tree in the bedroom, with only lights!

I think I had originally seen that done in an old Southern Living magazine....it was a HUGE tree, with just white lights, and it really struck me. To see it her again made me vow I'd do it myself one day, when I had a place big enough for two trees.....and now we do it every other year, just to keep things simple.

Anyway, a quick note about copyright laws, etc...it is not my intent to claim this work as my own, or rip anyone off ! I just want to share something that I think is lovely beyond words.

If I am violating any laws, and need to remove the pictures, please let me know and I will do so ASAP!

Photobucket



GORGEOUS front porch!!


Photobucket



Photobucket




Triple wrapped napkins...LOVE the black velvet bows!


Photobucket




Love love love the tree and simplicity of the entire room



Photobucket






One more of the bedroom, just because I love it so!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm so behind in checking blogs. . . heck I'm just behind in everything!!!!! Love the pics you posted. Especially the porch one with the skates hanging above the love seat. So nice! We are getting our real tree tomorrow. Two artificial ones up, and most of the decorations. Hope you are feeling better after your flu. Take care!

    XO
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!